Welcome to my Blog: An Introduction

 Hello! My name is Emily King, and this is my first year studying at UAF. Before moving to Alaska to live with my husband, who was stationed at Fort Wainwright unexpectedly, I lived in Arizona, and studied at The University of Arizona for a year. I am a secondary education major, and I plan on becoming a high school English teacher, but not before exploring Alaska with my husband and our two huskies!

The Love Embrace of the Universe, the Earth (Mexico), Myself, Diego, and Senor Xolotl, Frida Kahlo, 1949


I have always been a fan of all forms of art, and I have always been a strong advocate for funding the arts in any and all ways possible. I personally love to create, paint, and draw. I also dream of visiting many museums/exhibits such as The Louvre, MOMA, The Met, the Vatican Museums, and many more. I have always been a very big fan of Frida Kahlo because I admire her persistence to express herself, as well as her advocacy for women, equality, and the disabled community. I am excited to continue my education and appreciation of art history with the ART 200 course.


Please consider clicking the link below to find ways to support the arts!


Comments

  1. Not to mention you are an amazing artist yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome welcome, Emily! I hope that you have or already had a chance to explore the Museum of the North. Several of my friends have works featured in the gallery upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily, welcome to UAF! I like your post on "The Love Embrace of the Universe". I look forward to many of the art to come in this class. I have learned to love art, and I enjoy seeing everyone's art blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the class, Emily.
    I have a good feeling you're going to enjoy this class seeing how much you love art of all kinds so I wish you the best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to UAF and the class. It sounds like you will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emily! I hope you like this class, it sounds like you will! I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emily! It sounds like the very unexpected to Alaska wasn't even a hiccup and more of a fun journey you and your family are sure going to enjoy! I love Alaska and love all that it has to offer people! I'm new to art so I have heck of a lot to learn. Good luck with all and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A True Baroque Era Painting: Girl with a Pearl Earring

The Elements of Art in Gustav Klimt's The Kiss: An Art Analysis